God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will? Hebrews 2:4
There is an obvious change in a Body of Believers when Holy Spirit is manifested in the majority of them. One confirmation is the working of miracles. Isaiah 11:2 gives us a foretaste of the Holy Ghost gifts which should operate in the church. 2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
The apostle Paul divides them into nine gifts, found in I Corinthians 12:8-11:
1. The Word of Knowledge – a transfer of information unattainable without Him
2. The Word of Wisdom – a knowledge to properly apply the information
3. The Gift of Prophecy – a direct Word from God, usually for others
4. The Gift of Faith – a moment when God speaks to do astonishing wonders through you
5. The Gifts of Healings – at anytime Holy Spirit will use you to heal any disease
6. The Working of Miracles – intervention in the natural universe (walking on water, saved from lions, feeding 5,000, splitting seas, turning water into wine, etc.)
7. The Discerning of spirits – discern between demonic, God’s angels, and human spirits
8. Different Kinds of Tongues – supernatural ability to speak in foreign and heavenly languages
9. The Interpretation of Tongues – understand foreign languages and explain what was spoken. Cited: “Gifts of the Holy Spirit”www.bibleknowledge.com
The scripture declares that God alone decides what gift and how many each person will possess. So, it is impossible to be baptized with the Holy Ghost and not possess the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance). But it is very possible to be baptized with the Holy Ghost and not possess all of the gifts of the Spirit, maybe only one.
However, I Corinthians 12:31 tells us to seek the most helpful gift. If we are going to become family strong, every member must seek God for the gift that will strengthen the entire church.